I Give A Buck Foundation of Australia Ltd. was founded by Barb Blashki in early 2009 and launched publicly in November 2009.
Barb’s vision is that many, many thousands of individuals continually unite to form a large, active and growing “social community” – and use their community spirit to create a significant social movement – determined to do all that it can to ensure that all children in Australia may live with dignity and good health and happiness, confident that they have every opportunity ahead of them.
To make a significant difference in the lives of as many children as possible. Some of our focus areas are:
- Terminally ill children from families experiencing financial hardship are currently forced to languish on government waiting lists for products and services that would make their lives more comfortable. Many die before their name gets to the top of that list. This simply should not occur in this country in this age.
- Children who are not terminally ill, but may be ill or disabled and who are from families experiencing financial hardship, also go onto those same lists and can wait for years for equipment as simple as a wheelchair.
In our first 12 months we raised just over $86,000 – around $7,000 a month. In our second year we raised $244,000 – over $20,000 per month. In our first year we were able to assist eleven children and their families. In our second year we helped thirty seven. Some of the things that we’ve funded include:
- supportive sleep systems
- supportive seating systems
- in home nursing care
- special nappies
- walking frames
- trampolines (for physiotherapy)
- supportive body splint suits
- specialised tricycles
- wheelchair access bathroom modifications
- wheelchair access car modifications
- wheelchair accessible car purchases
- supportive bath seats and shower chairs
- laptops and iPads for children too sick to attend school
- iPads for children in palliative care wards and during hospital stays
- special car seats
- and, perhaps most importantly, 24-hour specialist nursing care to allow children to die at home rather than in hospital
The Official Bits
The foundation is an Australian Public Company Limited by Guarantee. It is fully endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as both a Tax Concession Charity and a Deductible Gift Recipient. All donations $2 and over are tax deductible.
You can download a copy of our 2009/2010 Annual Report here…
You can download a copy of our 2010/2011 Annual Report here…